7 Smart Steps To Reduce Sugar Intake
1. Drinks plain water instead of sweet drinks like carbonated drinks, syrups and cordials.
2. Limited to 1 teaspoon of sugar / sweetened condensed milk / sweetened creamer for every cup of beverages.
3. Reduce sugar in cooking
4. Avoid eating snacks & sweet food between main meals and before bedtime
5. Choose fruits instead of sweet cakes
6. Read the ingredients on the labels. Avoid food and beverages product where sugar is listed first
7. Choose food and beverages labelled "less sugar" or "sugar free'
www.moh.gov.my / www.infosihat.gov.my / www.myhealth.gov.my